Cole Higher Education Consulting Services
I provide college and university educators with high quality advice, guidance, and training, and investigative, policy development, and technical assistance. Among my services are the following:
- Applying a practical, step-by-step comprehensive approach for preventing and addressing harassment and hate crimes in higher education.
- Assisting in investigating and responding to allegations of discriminatory harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
- "Independent fact-finder" and investigator at university-level for allegations of sexual violence and sexual misconduct under Title IX.
- Offering college and university administrators training on how to investigate reports and complaints of harassment and hate crimes in colleges and universities and in cyberspace, weigh evidence, and make investigative determinations.
I deliver a highly praised, interactive investigation training program designed to help educators learn the legal requirements and practical skills for effectively investigating and making determinations in response to reports or complaints of harassment and hate crimes in colleges and in cyberspace. This unique day-long training program includes an interactive lecture and demonstrations, interviewing of “witnesses,” fact finding, and preparation of an investigative report, based on a college-related case scenario. Workshops and Programs: Education
- Offering training to campus police on tools and strategies for investigating and responding to harassment and hate crimes.
- Understanding and establishing the essential conditions needed for generating positive race and intergroup relations among students and staff, while preventing racial isolation.
- Identifying and addressing the issues contributing to racial conflicts, polarization and other forms of intergroup tensions.
Additionally, I have personal access to a broad network of multidisciplinary professionals who can provide targeted assistance in such areas as civil rights, Title IX, harassment, hate crimes, race relations and prevention.